Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Serving Up {Cookies}: Decadent Chocolate Bars


Goodness, I feel like I have been absent from blogging forever!  I don't know how some food bloggers do it - blogging right through giving birth and moving across the country.  I haven't got a new home or a new baby as my excuse - just busy and pretty poor time management.  But my intentions are good and I hope to post enough in the next couple of days to fill in the gaps so that nobody will ever know I was gone.

Consider this recipe for these deep, divine, decadent chocolate bars as my penance for my absence.   Bonus is that they require very few ingredients and are SO quick to throw together.  The recipe does call for nuts and I will just tell you right now that I don't believe nuts belong in baked goods - I like to snack on nuts, I like them in my granola and on my salads, but stay away from my baked goods!  Except that they are really good and the perfect compliment to this recipe so this is one of my very few baked recipes that gets nuts.  And while they can be left out (because, believe me I get the "remove nuts from baked goods" movement) I would suggest giving them a try...but I will leave that decision entirely up to you.



                           Rosemary Herbed Potatoes

DECADENT CHOCOLATE BARS      

1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 cup cold butter
12 ounces chocolate chips
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar and cocoa.  Cut cold butter into flour mixture and combine well to make a crust consistency.  Press crust mixture into a greased 13x9 pan.  Bake for 15 minutes.  

While the crust is baking, combine 1 cup chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a small saucepan and melt until smooth. 

When crust finishes baking, immediately pour chocolate sauce evenly over the top of it.  Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and nuts (optional).  Return to the oven for 20 minutes.

Cool before cutting into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment