Thursday, July 4, 2013

Serving Up {Salad}: Gorgonzola Waldorf Salad


I could probably eat salads every single day of my life and not tire of them.  In fact, I could probably eat salads every day of my life and never repeat a salad - I just feel like there are that many variations out there.  And salads really are a perfect summer food.  Served alone or alongside some grilled chicken, you have the makings of a gorgeous meal!

I stumbled across this recipe, using blue cheese, and knew that I wanted to make it but I prefer the milder gorgonzola over it's blue cheese cousin.  The recipe, as written, is just a suggestion.  Add more apples or less celery or change out the nuts - but whatever you do, make the dressing!  I loved it.  Thick and creamy and delicious.  In fact, I loved it so much that I used the leftover dressing as a vegetable dip and would highly recommend trying it.  Delicious!




One Year Ago: Thai Barbecued Salmon Filet
Two Years Ago: Welsh Cakes
                            Philly Steak

GORGONZOLA WALDORF SALAD     
(recipe adapted from Beyond the Peel)
printable version

Salad:
2 apples, I prefer a tart variety (granny smith)
2 celery stalks, optional
4 cups mixed salad greens
1/2 cup roasted pecans
fresh ground pepper, as desired

Dressing:
1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbs. lemon juice
2-4 Tbs. water
Place all the ingredients together and blend until well combined and desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment