Thursday, July 25, 2013

Serving Up {Pizza}: Balsamic Strawberry Pizza


I could happily eat pizza every day for the rest of my life and be happy (okay, so I know I have also said that about salad....and bread....and ice cream....but I mean it every time that I say it!).  I love unique pizza combinations and so I knew that I simply had to make this pizza when I saw it posted here (please click on this link and check out her blog - her food photography will make you drool! and her picture of this same pizza is 100 times prettier than mine).

The pizza sauce is a strawberry balsamic glaze.  I had a friend that used to serve strawberries drizzled in balsamic vinegar, so I knew that combination would work for me.  Then the pizza is tossed with chicken, bacon, sweet onions and strawberries.  It is serious deliciousness!

Serious!  Deliciousness!

Serious!


One Year Ago: Frosted Banana Cookies
Two Years Ago: Shredded Sweet Pork
                          Cilantro Lime Rice

BALSAMIC STRAWBERRY PIZZA     
(recipe from Cafe Sucre Farine)
printable version

1/2 cup strawberry jam
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. Sriracha Chili Sauce
1 ball pizza dough (I like Trader Joe's)
1 cup diced chicken breast
1/2 cup applewood smoked bacon, cooked and drained and crumbled
1/2 cup thin sliced sweet onion
12 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh strawberries, diced small

Place pizza stone on middle rack of oven and preheat oven and stone to 450 degrees.

Place balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until reduced to half of the original volume and mixture is thick and syrupy. Add strawberry preserves and chili sauce and mix well. Set aside to cool.

Prepare pizza dough by rolling it out to approximately a 14 inch circle. Place a piece of parchment paper, slightly larger than your dough on a pizza peel and sprinkle with cornmeal. Place dough on parchment paper.

Combine chicken with 2 tablespoons of the balsamic-strawberry mixture and mix to coat all chicken with sauce. Pour the rest of the sauce onto the pizza dough and spread to cover. Leave a 1 inch border all around the edge. Scatter chicken evenly over the sauce.  Place about 3/4 of the cheese on top of dough and spread to cover sauce evenly. Scatter  bacon and sweet onion over cheese to distribute evenly. Scatter remaining cheese over this layer.

Slide parchment paper with pizza on top onto pizza stone. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.

Remove pizza from oven and let cool slightly, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and fresh diced strawberries. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment