Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Serving Up {Cookies}: Fudgy Brownie Cookies


I really hope that nobody is completely cookie-ed out.  I know there are treats and candies and cookies everywhere you look - particularly the internet.  My site is no exception.  And while my intention had been to post a hearty soup or meal today, I had two people ask me for this recipe just in the past week so I figured that I better get it posted.

I am a huge brownie fan so I am somewhat leery of cookies that claim being anything close to a brownie...because, well cookies just aren't brownies!  Until now.  This recipe gets it right.  It probably helps that it begins with a brownie mix for it's base, but I am not complaining one bit!  Ease in preparation and an amazing outcome!  Works for me!



One Year Ago: Loaded Chocolate Crinkles

FUDGY BROWNIE COOKIES     
(recipe from Tasty Kitchen)
printable version

1 packaged Fudge Brownie Mix (18-21 ounce size)
1 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
2 Tbs. water
1 cup chocolate chunks

Whisk brownie mix, flour and brown sugar together.  Using a spoon, stir in eggs one at a time and then add butter and water.  The batter will be very thick.  Fold in chocolate chunks.
Cover batter and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare cookie sheet by greasing or lining with parchment.
Drop dough by the tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.  Allow to cool on the pan slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment