Thursday, October 4, 2012

Serving Up {Cookies}: No-bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal


I mentioned that my oven has been out of commission recently.  Which means my craving for a treat just kept growing and growing until it was monstrous in size.  I didn't have the patience to make something that required refrigeration (pudding) or required freezing (ice cream) so I had to come up with something I could make without an oven that would still be able to tackle my craving.

I pulled out this recipe, which is actually a favorite of my kids to make because it is so easy, and within 10 minutes I was dropping little balls of chocolate goodness onto wax paper to cool.  Shortly afterwards my husband arrived home and saw the treats on the counter and said, "you read my mine!  I've been needing a treat!".  I guess the broken oven was having the same effect on him :)  I thought that he was just in need of a treat but he informed me later that he LOVES these little chocolate balls.   Whether it's for the simplicity or for the taste - these really do hit the spot!



One Year Ago: Thai Coconut Ginger Broth

NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIES     
printable version

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 T. cocoa
2-1/2 cups oats
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup peanut butter

In a large, heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and add the oats, vanilla, and peanut butter. Mix until well blended. Spoon onto waxed paper and allow to cool.

1 comment: