Thursday, June 21, 2012

Serving Up {Cake}: Themed Cake Ideas

Tomorrow is my baby's birthday.  He will be FOUR and he is hardly a baby anymore but, boy oh boy, does that kid have the ability to melt hearts and win fans!  He is absolutely adorable and I tell him all the time that he is delicious just to hear him tell me, "I am not food mom!"

We have a favorite tradition at our house of the kids picking a themed cake from a birthday idea book that I have and then mom tries to recreate it, sometimes with greater success than others :)  The internet has increased our cake options as well and we have had some fun adventures over the years.

So in honor of my baby's birthday, and the fact that I am busy creating a birthday cake masterpiece for him today, here are some cakes from years past, just in case you are in need of some of your own birthday creativity on your end...

Probably an all-time favorite...the Daddyland Cake...
although I think it is a favorite for no other reason than the sugar overload that it presented...

Sports Cakes have been popular at our house with a number of these cakes being repeated...





There are have been a fair number of animal cakes in the mix as well...






and let's not forget transportation...



And the remaining random themes...





One Year Ago: Teriyaki Bowtie Chicken Salad
                          Buttermilk Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment