Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Serving Up {Bread}: Easy Pretzel Bites

I have had a recipe for Pretzel Bites, made from scratch, in my "to try" file for a long time.  I still do.  I make bread of some sort each week, so I'm not sure what my hang up is, other than I sometimes want to make something and don't want to wait for yeast to activate and dough to rise, blah, blah, blah.

This recipe does still require some forethought, but because you begin with frozen roll dough (Rhodes is the only one in my opinion), it just seems easier.  My kids LOVE these pretzel bites as an after school snack.  Considering I have usually popped 4 or 5 into my mouth by the time they walk through the door, I guess I don't mind them myself :)



EASY PRETZEL BITES     Pin It

Rhodes Frozen Rolls, thawed
Butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar -or- Parmesan Cheese & Garlic salt

Thaw frozen roll balls.  If using regular rolls, cut each roll in half.  If using Texas rolls, cut each roll into 3 or 4 pieces.  Place cut dough on a greased baking sheet and allow dough to double in size.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a gentle boil.
Place a towel flat on the counter next to the stove with a paper towel on top of it.

Drop 8-10 balls of dough at a time into the boiling water.  Allow the dough to "cook" in the water for about 45 seconds.  Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared towel to drain and cool slightly.  Repeat this step with the remaining dough balls.

Carefully remove the dough from the towel and place on a greased baking pan.  Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove from oven and brush with melted butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture -OR- parmesan cheese/garlic salt mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment