Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Serving Up {Snacks}: Peanut Butter Fritos

Thanksgiving is just a couple of days away.  I have posted my recipes for stuffing, yams, potatoes, beans, rolls and two pies (here and here).  I hope that your Thanksgiving is a delicious success!  I got out of hosting and cooking this Thanksgiving with a doctor's release, so I will be a guest this year and enjoy the delicious traditions of others.

Not to jump ship from Thanksgiving too quickly, but at our home there is as much talk about the "Civil War" game this weekend as there is about turkey day.  Here in Portland, the big game is Oregon State vs U of O.  I don't know if all civil war rivalry games fall on this weekend, but should your big game be this weekend, like ours is, I have the perfect football game snack...Peanut Butter Fritos.  The combination of sweet and salty and crunchy is nearly perfect - this is truly a dangerous combination.  Dangerous but delicious!  And oh so easy!  Give it a try....you will be glad that you did!

PEANUT BUTTER FRITOS     Pin It
(recipe from Skip to My Lou)
printable version

1 package Frito corn chips
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter

Spread corn chips onto a greased baking sheet.
In a saucepan over medium heat, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Pour the sauce over the corn chips and lightly toss to coat.
Cool and break into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment