Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Serving Up {Side Dish}: Cilantro Lime Rice

I am in Utah this week and by now ought to have satisfied my craving for Cafe Rio's Pork Barbacoa burrito - a real Utah favorite.  I posted the pork recipe yesterday and today we are moving on to the rice.

Whether you take your Pork Barbacoa burrito style (like me) or salad style (like my mom) you will want some of this delicious Cilantro Lime Rice.  It's become a staple whenever I make burritos - regardless of whether I'm going for the Cafe Rio copycat or simply using one of my other chicken or beef recipes.  It's just a great flavor combination and can even be served as a side dish.




CILANTRO-LIME RICE     
printable version

3 cups cooked rice, white or brown ***
1 Tbs. lime zest, minced
3 Tbs. fresh lime juice
3 Tbs. finely minced fresh cilantro

Cook rice according to directions package directions.
*** replace water (all or part) with chicken broth when making rice for a more flavorful end product
Immediately toss lime zest, lime juice and cilantro with the cooked rice. 
Can be servee warm or cold.
Delicious served in burritos with shredded meat and black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment