Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Serving Up {Pork}: Shredded Sweet Pork

This week I am on vacation to visit my family in Utah.  You can bet large sums of money that at some point while there I will be eating a gigantic Pork Barbacoa burrito from Cafe Rio and will finish the entire thing in one sitting.  Because it's just that good!

Now I know that I am not the only person completely obsessed with Cafe Rio's Pork Barbacoa because there are a TON of copycat recipes out there in the blogosphere.  Most of the recipes for the pork involve cooking the pork in soda.  I'm not a big soda fan (okay, I am totally and completely against it) and so I was happy to find this copycat recipe that didn't call for the can of soda.  The result was still sweet and delicious pork which is the most important ingredient when making a Cafe Rio Sweet Pork salad or burrito.  Stay tuned over the course of the week for the rice and dressing recipes.  By this weekend, you too will be enjoying deliciousness to blow your mind!



SHREDDED SWEET PORK    
(recipe from The Sister's Cafe)

3 lb pork roast
1 c brown sugar
1 c Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tb dried minced onions

Cook all ingredients in a crock pot on low all day (aboutt 8 hours).
One hour before serving, remove roast and shred it. Dump out all cooking juices and place shredded pork back into crockpot and add…

1 c brown sugar
1 c red enchilada sauce

Turn off the crock pot and replace the crock pot lid until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment