Thursday, June 9, 2011

Serving Up {Ice Cream}: Key Lime Ice Cream Shake


When I was a teenager, a dear friend of mine introduced me to the Key Lime Pie at The Dodo restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City.  It was the beginning of my fascination with all things lime.  Twenty years later, if a recipe has lime in it, you know I will be making it.  Fun for me.  Not so much for my husband who just bears that trait in me patiently.

I tell this because this same dear friend commented a couple of days ago, requesting some specific recipes.  I promise that those recipes that she requested will make their way to the blog soon.  But in the meantime, this recipe is specifically for her.  It may not be Key Lime Pie but it is reminiscent of a Lime Ice Cream treat served at The Bluebird in the little college town of Logan, Utah - a favorite stop when we used to make the trek to Bear Lake.  Good times.  Good friends.  Good treats!



KEY LIME ICE CREAM SHAKE     Pin It

3 parts vanilla ice cream
1 part Kirkland (Costco) brand Margarita Cocktail Mix - Classic Lime
1/2-1 tray ice cubes

Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  

Put the kids to bed.  
Pour the shake into a large glass.  
Sneak out to the back porch and put your feet up while you sip and enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment