Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Serving Up {Drink}: Orange Frostie

Earlier this month I was at the mall, which NEVER happens.  I ended up in the food court, which happens even less than me being at the mall!  Go figure!  I went to Orange Julius and they have expanded their menu to include many more flavors than just orange!  I decided to try their "Mango Passion" and it was really refreshing and yummy.

The following week we were enjoying some nice, sunny days and I decided to re-create the drink for my kids for their after-school snack.  I used my recipe for "Orange Frostie" and made a few variations.  The end product was a hit with the kids, which shouldn't surprise anyone.  My kids are so used to Green Smoothies that to be served a drink without a single vegetable, they were bound to be excited.

So here you go, my Orange Julius knock-off...



ORANGE FROSTIE     

1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup powdered milk (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate ***
1 tray of ice cubes, crushed

Put all the ingredients into the blender and blend on high until all the ice is crushed and the ingredients well mixed.

***For my Mango re-creation I used a can of DOLE Orange-Peach-Mango in place of the orange juice concentrate.  I also replaced 1/2 of the ice cubes with chunks of frozen Mangos (purchased at Trader Joe's).

No comments:

Post a Comment