Thursday, April 28, 2011

Serving Up {Chicken}: Chicken Tikka Masala


Every time I make this recipe I wonder why it is that I don't make it more often.  Like, maybe weekly!  It is just SO good!
I was reminded again how good when I made it a couple of weeks ago...
Good enough that I took seconds even though I was completely full.  I just wanted some more of that Indian goodness in my mouth.
Good enough that my husband ate some of the leftovers for breakfast the next morning - breakfast!
Good enough that I ate the rest of the leftovers for lunch the next day (I am not generally a leftover person).
Good enough that my husband declared it "probably the best chicken I'd ever made!"  (Have I ever mentioned my husband lived in the West Indies for two years?  He knows his Indian fare.)
Enough said.



CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA     
1 cup plain yogurt
1 Tbs. lemon juice
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. salt
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips or chunks

Combine all ingredients except the chicken. Pour the sauce over the chicken and refrigerate for one hour or up to 8 hours. Grill or cook chicken in frying pan; discarding the marinade.

1 Tbs. butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (add more if you like heat)
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
8 ounces tomato sauce
1 cup cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and jalapeno for one minute. Season with cumin, paprika and salt. Stir in the tomato sauce and cream. Simmer on low heat until sauce thickens, about 20 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
Garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve over hot rice.
Add some Roti (Costco) or Indian Naan (Trader Joes) for an authentic touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment